ANUPAM KHER'S EXCITING AVATARS FOR ZOKKOMON!

Anupam’s character in Zokkomon
I play dual roles of Deshraj, Darsheel’s heartless maternal uncle who abandons him and Magic, the village scientist who creates Zokkomon. I was initially approached to play the bad uncle and surprised everyone by suggesting that I play magic too. The immediate reaction was that’s impossible because they are two diametrically different characters with no common link.


What was so different in this film?
This is the first time I have played the protagonist and the antagonist. When I was first narrated the role, I told Disney I wanted to do the second role as well! They were at first surprised and then thanked me for giving them the idea because both roles have come out fantastic!


How was the look of both your characters designed?
It’s one of the most unique challenges I have undertaken in my career. The makers of Zokkomon hired prosthetics expert Guillaume Castange from France who spent months remodelling the character's face -- first on computer and then with specially designed prosthetic pieces. With the help of two French make-up artists and five hours of daily prosthesis, Deshraj and Magic looked and behaved unlike each other.


Were people able to recognize it is you on sets?
No not at all!! Even on sets my name on call sets would be something different! In fact when I showed my parents the film, even they were not able to recognize the second character is me! I also dressed up as my character Deshraj and went to meet my wife Kirron on sets of India’s Got Talent, and she was shocked as well!


We heard you are going to IFFLA?
Yes I’m going to Hollywood for the IFFLA festival to represent the film as Zokkomon will be the closing film for the red carpet on the 17th of April. It will be the world premiere of the film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पुण्यश्लोक अहिल्यादेवी होळकर चित्रपटाचे कथानक पूर्ण! - डॉ मुरहरी सोपानराव केळे

LESBIAN SHOOT, A CONCEPT BY SHAAN PHOTOGRAPHY WITH MODEL/ACTRESS YASMEEN KHAN AND NATHASSHA SIKKA